Monday, April 12, 2010

M

M is none other than my dear husband. He is an absolute sleep lover. He simply loves to sleep and yes he is a deep sleeper too, hardly taking 2 minutes to sleep off after lying on the bed. I was no different until we got married- and since he actually takes no time to sleep I have begun to feel that I am an insomniac.

Like the other day we saw a bunch of seals lazing around doing nothing on the floating wood planks at pier 39 , SFO , it was then I was wondering “what a pathetic life – doing nothing” to myself is when M exclaimed with complete enthusiasm – “look at them , what a life – doing nothing – I would love to be one of them !!!”


Or like the other time , once while sleeping , I mushily digged my nose onto his face struggling to sleep. M was obviously getting bothered since I was disturbing his much beloved sleep . After bearing that for a minute or two , he said

M : “You know what, if you want to continue sleeping like that, we might have to breathe in sync”

Me : “A what??? “

M : “I meant we need to either exhale at the same time or inhale together at the same time”

Me: “And why is that ?”

M: “If I exhale and you inhale, I don’t wanna you to take in all of the CO2 ….”

Now who would want to do that , I obviously turned around and M went back to sleep HAPPILY !!

6 comments:

Kavs said...

haha!! Very cute!

I am deep asleep long before A decides to sleep. And then I sleep talk and do my chakkars around the bed, of course while i am dead asleep providing much needed entertainment. :)

And when we sleep at the same time A's oft repeated phrase is "tujhe kes tochtayt."

Sudhish said...

things must be exact opposite early mornings...cute post keya!!! :)

Keya said...

@Kavs : "tujhe kes tochat ahet" - rofl !!!! tats bound to happen :D
@Sudhish : Yea Sudhish ..They are eact opposite in the morning.. :(
Thanks !

Kavs said...

waiting for you to write something. Anything.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I am in the same boat ..dont worry ... i loved M's comment about seals.. am 100% pakka confident DH would say the same ...r u trying out the options i sent u earlier ;)