Thursday, October 18, 2012

Let's wait and watch !!

After bidding a teary eyed adieu to my parents at the airport last night, we drove back home.  Usually, I don’t cry that easy but last night, I sobbed heavily until a little over midnight. M put up with me quite patiently. He probably heaved a sigh of relief when I was finally asleep. 
So yes, that was that. My parents visited us this summer and for me, yesterday was officially the last day of summer obviously marking the onset of winter starting today. No, we don’t have fall in this part of the world L !
 This summer, I was consciously away from this space. When I first started blogging about four years ago, I was in a very different mind space. Struggling through the climatic extremes, geographical barriers and equally complex coursework (ha-ha! Even though I can laugh at it now, but then it was the most significant aspect of my life)   , I took this place to vent out everything that I went through at that point in time.
This blog took a back seat when I had to find an internship or a job later, when I got married and had to commute every weekend to see M. Through changing jobs and places and struggling through the hectic schedules, I am guilty of ignoring this space. 
After posting intermittently for some time now, and then feeling bad over not posting regular enough, this time, I decided to stay away, on purpose, asking myself what is it now  that I really want to write about. 
Because, there’s going to be something, good or bad - always, that will keep us busy. Question is how much of this do I want to write and share about? I know I have tried keeping this a personal blog – sharing it with only a few readers.  
But moving on , if I choose to keep this blog alive , I want to grow it , post as often as I can , at least twice a week and if I cannot commit this much , then probably the best thing is to quit.
That being said, it’s not easy for me to just go ahead and delete this blog, so what I am going to do is give it a fair chance.
So let’s see how well I behave for the next four weeks – in terms of posting.  All I am aiming for is at least 2 posts a week. 
Let the trial run begin!!

2 comments:

Kavs said...

Tight hugs to you! Quoting from you-know-which movie - yeh mann bhi bada bawra hota hai...

Regarding the blog, I dearly wish you keep the Big Picture alive and keep writing. If not here, someplace else. In the same effortless, natural, heartfelt, inimitable style that is so you! :)

Keya said...

thanks kavs for the hugs :) !!
And yes , about the blog , I too sincerely hope so !! Will try my best :)