Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I wonder...





On my way to school today , I met a squirrel….
A lil on the heavier side,
it looked at me and ran hastily…
Busy searching food…it winked at me
So tiny yet so brave…

I met a rabbit two steps ahead…
Seeing me , it hid behind the bush.. busy biting a “plum”
I stood there still to watch it yet again,
And slowly it peeped out as if to check me out..
So timid, yet so independent…

I smiled and moved ahead…
Then I saw a butterfly…
yellow colored sitting on the yellow flower..
I thought maybe even they "match" these days..
Now I am sure it noticed me , coz it flew n sat on the other flower..
So beautiful, yet so pure..

I crossed the road and then I saw..
So many vehicles with honking horns,
signal posts, and pollution around..
I wondered whteher it’s the same world?
A street across..
Yes it was…the same , yet so different…!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hmmmm.
No credits given here. Does that mean the credit is yours? If yes, I have to say I have been caught completely unaware.

Sudhish said...

beautiful..i am just surprised on how with so much ease you have explored this aspect of ur personality...beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Hey you have beautifully pen-pictured the two worlds...or the world within the world...the same, yet so different!
Keep getting the inspiration from the world around you and let your imagination create many more such wonderful posts for us:)

Kavs said...

EXtremely well written.

Keya said...

Thank you all...for ur encouragement!!

Unknown said...

As usual I m late... :) So beautiful poetry! focuses the feeling inside.

In this material world poetry uses very few words :).

Kapil said...

:)

Keya said...

Gajesh and Kapil :Thanks for visting and posting your comments!!