Sunday, October 12, 2008

Flying High




Strangely , I saw a bird flying in the sky …
Strange because it was raining…and extremely chilly..
even before the sunset it was unusually dark…
Standing at my window side, I watched it flying..

I wish I could talk with it..and know what was wrong…

Maybe, t’was in search of shelter or food ..
Maybe lost its way back home…
Maybe in search of a lost loved one…

Or maybe was it just the rains that made me so sulky

Maybe it was out to enjoy the rains….
Maybe to get wet and drenched…
Maybe celebrating life !
Or maybe it had just realized the strength of its wings…

Nevermind… !

Cuddling in my cozy bed I thought to myself..
Whatever it be… It was brave hearted…
Coz, it definitely needs courage to fly alone, in the rains….

10 comments:

Kavs said...

The pics are great. The other picture of a bird facing the camera now is my wallpaper. :)

Keya said...

Thanks kavs..but for the pics, the credit isnt mine :) umm well,tryin to be honest ...argh...hate tat!

Unknown said...

Now, this is getting seriously philosophical. Are you out to make me give up writing? :-)

Keya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keya said...

Amit, umm well, will try "not to write" itka philosophical ...

Somi :) said...

:)


Maybe it was out to enjoy the rains….
Maybe to get wet and drenched…
Maybe celebrating life !
Or maybe it had just realized the strength of its wings…


:)

an irony well presented...:)

Unknown said...

The waves in the mind sea, finally ends in the Happy expectancy :).Again a very beautiful poetry.

Kapil said...

:(

Keya said...

somi: Thanks for stopping by and writing the comment..Do keep visiting...Hope you like them.. :)

Keya said...

gajesh: Thanks for your comments!!