Monday, February 23, 2009

Snow fall

Season is the best quantifiable measure of how time flies. They come and go. Winters, Summers, Fall and winters all over again. I remember how Fall made me so sad inspite of being so beautiful. And now it’s the snow. The trees are now all bare. Well they knew they would be. The colors all lost. Its black and white. Snow is everywhere. The only colors are those of cars or some other things which don’t have life in them. And those with life have become colorless and hence lifeless. I look at the snow and don’t know how does it make me feel. Its supposedly so sad, so silent so chilled. The only thing that u see while walking back is the footprints in the snow …that u carefully follow without knowing whose they are , just to avoid thumping in the snow. I don’t see the chipmunks anymore. Forget flowers and plums.
Everybody knows that snow is depressing. It gives a sinking feelin ..U hardly see the sun.
So its either snow or snow storm .and if not that then the rains..Everything seems to be standstill even though u are moving on , the time is moving on. The snow flakes are untouched white and soft. I catch a few but only with my leather gloved hands… The silence I feel somehow is not haunting… its peaceful. May be the white color gives u tat. The snow laden carpet to walk, every bush growing cotton flowers…. If u observe closely, u can wonder how snow falls in unreachable crevices wherein it becomes ice to be melted down by the sunrays. The silence is harmonious. It connects u wd urself. U talk less, observe more, explore less evolve more. Its my second winter season here and I already feel I am so used to it…as if I grew with all this.
It doesn’t bog me down, swing my moods or depress me. It doesn’t irritate me either. I blink my eyelids as I feel the snow flake gently settling on them. It gives a tickling feelin and I feel I belong to a far off land , playing a character in some fairy tale…, or one of those hobbits wearing the heavy snow jackets making my way towards my home.

4 comments:

Kavs said...

a hobbit? :)
it's a beautiful idea of bushes growing white flowers.

Ashish said...

Hmmmmmmm well done blog lady !!!
Snow fall to me is half day at work!!! Watching snow fall through a window with Garama Garam chai n bhaji ahahaha !!! I really miss that :(

Its White, we see white when all colors come together in perfect balance. So its not just white its mixture of all colors, U should not miss a single color. Enjoy it !!!

P.S. that photo reminded me of the movie BLACK !!!

Unknown said...

Aayla, sahich. "Snow" var akkha essay!
Reading this, I realised I have never experienced a snow fall. So, I don't know how I would feel about it. But one thing is for sure, whenever I experience it, I will be compelled to think!

P.S. Ashish still remembers the concept of White Light!!!

Unknown said...

hey keya..great naration of snow fall...It seems that now u r used to such snow fall in chicago...