Thursday, February 25, 2010

About Me

Today I come across “About me” tab almost everywhere – orkut, facebook, blog, twitter etc. And everytime I see it , I pause for a moment..( well the moment is big enough!)and think of what could I write in there. I am too aggressive about it probably…coz I always want to write something that aptly suits me in that limited space… something that defines me crisply!
I did think of few things!

   Maybe I could write something about Gemini – my sunsign But honestly I don’t know whether I am a true Gemini or not. I still need to research a lot on “geminis” and can think of writing about it only after that.
I thought of my hobbies… Hmm maybe “I am too passionate about sketching/painting, yoga , reading, etc” Coming to think of it- yes I like sketching a lot but I can actually get time for it once in a blue moon.Literally.Like once in 3-4 years.And yoga? I do propagate yoga, and am an ardent follower of but that’s not something that I do religiously though I want to. Anyway!
And if you see, all those social websites already have a “Hobbies” section so anyway it would be redundant.

   Borrowing some great person’s words sounded a good idea. After googling a lot about some perfect quote that could suit me , my temperament, my existence or whatever was a tough job. From then, I discarded the idea .Hoping to find some appropriate quote one day, I started considering the idea of writing my professional vitals!
Wow…that sounded glamorous but when I actually started writing , I felt like I am applying for some job !! no way could I keep it. Scratched !

   Why is it that I find it so tough to write “About Me” ? I am with me since forever , I know how I react to things , how my approach towards things and people is, my likes , dislikes.Everything. Like I know I can remember every crap thing of who wore what shirt when (yes :( ) , all the insignificant details back in school too and don’t remember what I learnt in class last semester. That I have weird habbits - I always take off my glasses while eating-I feel they are too heavy for my nose only then( ?), I almost doze off in every class, I use a stop-watch while taking a shower(hooked to this one lately) , I observe the lines on my palm changing daily, I can spend hours curling my hair, Green tea soothes me instantly, I am paranoid about my waist line, I hate shopping for clothes coz I cant choose, I am very bad at remembering roads, I have midnight hunger pangs etc. But I still cannot write that simple “About Me”. I started writing this blog with the intention of knowing myself better, to understand how I think and until today I could not write anything “About Me”.
I still have to explore, analyse, achieve more… to be able to become a person whom I always wanted to be… and maybe then I could proudly write about me - effortlessly.

In the mean time , I am going to fill in that space with something!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lovvvvve this post. You and your crazy ways. Ammmazing.
Even though I claim to be a chatterbox, my "About me" says JUST that!Full stop.
Keep writing more about "you" :)

Unknown said...

Yeah. It can be very tricky, to write about oneself. And I don't think it is about knowing who you are and how you are, but more about accepting it.
At one level, the human mind knows about the person it is but at another level it combats that very fact because all this while it has been trained to be someone else. We always try to mold ourselves like someone else, someone we consider a role model. And that's where the problem is, isn't it?

Kavs said...

i think remembering stupid things you wont need at all and forgetting things taught in the class is something, I think we got from the doctor who delivered us. Coz, aai-baba are unlike us in this aspect. :)

Ashish said...

well said n well done!!! back with lot many blogs! you forgot to mention few more things :) one e.g. how u make that "gut gut" sound while drinking coffee ;)

ramya shruti said...

Just write gorgeous(in all ways)
keya
thats enough :)

Shreesha said...

Since you described so much in detail with this blog, I think, you can just paste this Blog link in the "About Me" section. hehe ;)