Thursday, February 11, 2010

Check All

Life’s been full of surprises for me over the past year. Series of unexpected things coming in all the unexpected ways..

I have been travelling , packing , unpacking , shifting , jet-lagged-ing, working - all of it for the past couple of months. All of it left me with exhaustion. I have actually become numb – to almost everything. I am not sure of how long this state of “trance” would last ?

It was since this last week that I am unpacking and settling in, in a new place yet again, I flipped through the pages of my diary only to see the “to-dos” for 2009. To my surprise , I could check all of them..mind you they were not all that simple and easy …but things just felt into place quite smoothly …

I mean , can you imagine? So far this has never ever happened to me … I could never even stick to a simple resolution of getting up early :) forget anything else…

Now that all the small and big tasks are done , I am all geared up to make a new list for this year… yes I don’t think you need a new year's eve or a birthday or any special day to make a resolution – you can do it just anytime around the year ….

This stupid but pleasant thing has given me a high for the day :)

9 comments:

Kavs said...

I share your high and feel proud for the things you have been able to check off! time for new challenges baby! :)

Keya said...

tats so sweet ..di

Kapil said...

Hi Keya,
Nice to see ur blog after a long time.:)May u be able to check off all ur to do's for this yr.

Kapil

Keya said...

Hi Kapil,
Thanks for stopping by and leaving ur comment :)

Kapil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kapil said...

Hi Keya,
No probs :)..thought of asking you how u stuck to the resolution of getting up early so that I can tell it to my wife :).Somewhat bored of preparing tea in the morning :(

Sudhish said...

Am proud of u girl...keep the high going..i wish i cud rubb some of it :)
Kapil: getting up early wasnt a part of her resolution..and i dont think that will appear in her diary..right cockroach?? :)

Keya said...

Hi Sudhish ...
You know what ... ?? Tats exactly what I emailed him ..EXACT!!
tats never goin to b my resolution :)

Kapil said...

yup Sudhish.I am convinced to the core now :) will not ask anything related to early morning to her again :)