Friday, April 15, 2011

All those who wander arent always lost !!!

A lazy day in a scorching summer once used to be - about eating countless mangoes , about lying on the bare floor to beat the heat and chit- chat for hours together – those sweet nothings !waiting for the “Geeta” ice- cream (for some reason , we used to call it ice-croat ) , plucking the chameli / aboli / paarijaat flowers and discuss the art of making gajras .. , dream of the combination and colors of the bangles you would pick next time the churi-wala comes .. ,oiling the hair and braiding them , waiting for Amma to finish her puja and apply the turmeric – sandal paste on our foreheads , waiting for the entire week for the Ramayana / Mahabharata episodes on the Television – DD :)  ..
There never was a hint of boredom even in the exact sameness of every single day – we were never short of enthusiasm / excitement / fun / creativity – such was the life !!
But this life had a sense of satisfaction – yes at that age I could feel it. No complaints , no expectations , no negativity. No fear , no boredom. There were problems – one of the major being no electricity for 12 hours a day – very famously known as load shedding – but for 12 hours – either day or night ! But that never was a problem – we had other thousand things to do – well more or less the ones that I mentioned above and in one of my previous posts “Rewind" ..
And back to" now " – life has changed diagonally . The hectic routine , living alone , changing jobs, changing places – “I just don’t change my wardrobe anymore – I change my city altogether” is what I can say actually !! Where one goal is achieved by creating the next one – where one idle day would be considered as time killing – where doing nothing has started to leave me with a huge guilt. Surviving in the new place , new job , eternal immigration laws/ forms/ status worries , traveling on every single weekend . Being on the plane would inspire me once – now its started killing me – one emotion at a time.
But this is all we dream about , isn’t it. But the most funny thing about dreams is – you realize you don’t want it anymore / or want something else the moment you get it. I am not complaining – believe me - I am just asking – is this a good place to be at.


Where you just want to be with your family and friends , your loved ones – but all you can do is finding the right time to manage to talk to them.
Change is good but how much change can your brain take ? Cant you have atleast a single day where all you do is nothing !!
On the side note- I am doing good. This space is just pouring out the emotions , right ? And I am going to make this place more honest , more me , more what I think and feel and rather than worrying about who could be reading it ! And , I am on one of those planes – which make me all of this – so bear with it :) !!!
Edited to add : I had written all of the above crap last week – and this week I am on another plane. Nothing really happened between these two flights –so to say – but still a lot has changed.
I could get to see the most splendid view ever through my window enroute SFO – and yes , this certainly is the best place to live (don’t believe me , go ahead and Google it ) – and if I cannot be happy here , then I can never be happy anywhere.
Well , not just that , but a call to Mommy Dear is a solution to all problems – actual , created and fictitious :)

4 comments:

Shreesha Gopalakrishna said...

the problem is...we were not familiar with "survival of the fittest" scheme at that very young age...! :)

AB said...

readling your blog ... you seem to be descring..not just your life ... but life ...as they say... the only thing fixed in life is change. Nice post...

Kavs said...

oh my, what a lovely post - I dont know how i missed it...

I remember one of my most common dreams while growing up - I saw myself as this supremely busy woman who has works late. :D What was I eating then? And how come nobody got my head checked!

Silliness aside, you write such profound things so effortlessly, i sometimes wonder if you are the same person i think i know inside out! :)

Keya said...

@ Shreesha - Couldnt agree more !! :)@AB and @kavs - I am flattered ...
I should try and write lil less philosophical.
and btw kavs- I know :) since I had the same idea of work life- only thing is - I used to dream of lots of files which I would be reading and signing (!) and a telephone on my desk (dint think of desktops then ) - after visiting Baba's office once :p