Thursday, June 30, 2011

Brow woe !

Disclaimer – It’s a very girly post !! Guys – read at your own risk.
During Engineering years , I found every other girl surrounding me getting their eyebrows done. I would not really comprehend as to why would it be so necessary for somebody who has about 40 courses , 20 or so practical exams and god knows how many submissions and vivas to worry about. But no , in spite of of all these , they would really get bothered by that one hair out of sync with the rest of the brow line and spend hours in front of the mirror plucking it. Ofcourse it would not bother me since I had my nose and head dug deep into my record books.
Man – such a waste of time and money and why ? For all the pain !!
Honestly , my Dad was strangely against it. He would reason it saying that it gives your face an artificial look.
Anyway .. years ..and mind you many of them passed by. And here I was still in a pickle – to do or not to do. For my wedding , inspite of the beautician’s fervent requests and orders , I dint succumb to it. And “ said I-do” without doing the eyebrows.
So , are we still discussing it ? Unfortunately yes. Now that I have a job (finally my studies are over) , I kind of had a lot of time at hand and ofcourse with the car one day I thought of accompanying my friend to the beauty parlor here (Indian). And with a lot of hesitation finally got my eyebrows done.
Was it painful ?- Yes. Bearable ? – Yes. Worth it ? Donno. Coz I do not look miraculously beautiful or different – any other person might not even notice it.
Well so my dear readers – if one of you is in the same dilemma – then my suggestion would be –
If you want to get them done , just go ahead and do it – its not that big a deal (no – not life changing at all) and for those of you who do not want to get them done – well then don’t as its really not that big a deal :) 

P.S : By the way , this is 50 th post on the "Big Picture" !! Yayyy !!

2 comments:

Kavs said...

hi dear - the plucking wouldnt make you any more beautiful than you already are. I'm still on this side of those who havent and guess why - it's dad's years' worth of "dont do it - it'll look artificial". :)

Keya said...

:) :) :)