Friday, September 9, 2011

Stratosphere

Yes, I am a certified insane now !! Last time, when we visited Stratosphere, Vegas, I took the Big Shot and the X-scream ride. (Well, I still believe that X-scream is one of the scariest rides I have ever been on so far). Since M loves all the roller coaster and adventure rides and I don’t want him to be alone on them...I invariably get on them.  To begin with, I used to be very very scared. Sometimes the nausea and sometimes the fear – of course what if something goes wrong.
The reason for not taking insanity then was only because it was closed which made me think, doubt all the more about that ride.
But this around, the ride was open, working and I saw many kids taking that too. So I was all geared up.
Me along with M, AB and AG all dared and got into it.  We did it successfully while K3 was recording us and K1 with her hands on her ears, trying to watch us. So they get the bravery award for seeing us take it and of course we become the “certified insane “lot.
Wiki information about Insanity Ride and other Rides on Stratosphere (which mind you, we have already taken except the Sky Jump):  
  • Big Shot at 1,081 ft (329 m) is the highest thrill ride in the world.
  • Insanity, opened in 2005, at 900 ft (270 m) is the second highest thrill ride in the world; it dangles riders over the edge of the tower and then spins in a circular pattern at approximately forty miles per hour
  • Sky Jump Las Vegas, a controlled descent, Bungee jumping-like ride that will allow riders to plummet 855 ft (261 m) attached to a high speed, descent wire.[6] Sky Jump opened on April 20, 2010.
  • X-Scream at 866 ft (264 m) is the third highest thrill ride in the world
 Watch out for the video here:  
The Video is taken by K3 (Queenie as we all know her :) )


No comments: