Saturday, July 5, 2008

Independence day!!!!!

Its my first '4th July' in US… and I stand here in my aparatment witnessing the horizon filled with the grandiose fireworks….. I felt the same happiness which I always had on Laxmi puja in Diwali back home… the city was full of colorful lights… the fireworks were indescribable…making different shapes , different colors rising in different patterns…and receding slowly some like shimmering stars, others like comets…disappearing effortlessly…..
I was awestruck seeing them…
The entire city was twinkling…Sears Tower standing tall crowned wd blue and Red color….Independance day special…
It reminded me of all the memories associated with our very own 15th August ... the morning assembly and national anthem , flag hoisting and school drills….and the way everybody flaunted a tricolor….

Today independence means much more to me… independence of thoughts, of choice , freedom of taking my own decisions , financial independence…! And I feel I am independent in true sense today….
I can set my own goals, decide my own boundaries, break the rules that I once set for myself…, can fearlessly stand against all the shackles of hypocrisy, can think of choosing right from wrong….I can move on wd life withouts carrying any “ifs n buts” …..

Today this independence means so much to me and I value every bit of it… understanding that wd it comes the responsibilty ….responsibility of making right decisions….rationally, without any prejudices… without compromising on any of the values…. Responsibility of making every dream come true…

Happy Independence day to me!!!!!

5 comments:

Sudhish said...

Way to go girl!! Gr8 post. Can feel ur independence :). Enjoy ur freedom!!!

Kavs said...

Fantabulous! Live your dreams. And may ALL your dreams come true.
And again- you write so well!

Kapil said...

u put ur thoughts very well on paper Keya........I got scared for a moment........started the thinking mode ....but the mode got partially off when I read further.......but still thinking......
Nice one.keep writing .......

Keya said...

thanks Sudhish, Didi and Kapi; for ur comments..
Keep visting...

Unknown said...

nice one...true discription of freedom!!