Saturday, November 1, 2008

Faces and places …


Hooosh…yet another submission! Masters is, trust me, one tiring job…
The assignments, projects, submissions, mid-terms, presentations, then research work…everything ties you up so much...keeps u on your toes...all the time…!!As far as my memory allows me to go back ,in the past one year, I am always answering almost every call with a “I have a submission in some time..will definitely call u back..“
My sincere apologies for the same :)
I guess this is one real patience testing of all the near and dear ones, the family and frnds..
I feel extremely sorry about it, but guess cant help …probably the only easy solution is finishing off my masters ASAP :)

Its almost a lil over two months wd my new job as a research assistant…
And it’s been dreadfully hectic probably from day 1…
It’s just in the middle of waiting for some simulation run to get over that I suddenly turn around and look back only to realize the “getting used to” feeling of once all new faces…
How P,B,R,K,M,G who once surrounded my cube have suddenly replaced by Li, Feng, Min Soo, Hiacheng, Yu-chi, Wei (yeah, enough of flaunting remembering names.. ;)) …

And leaves a stirred feeling somewhere…
The usual coffee breaks, carom and Table Tennis, breakfast-lunch-snack routine is now completely replaced by coffee-at-desk, lunch-at-desk …where work was fun…
Where your not saying anything was enough for others to understand you has replaced by me looking into faces…staring at them...trying to figure out the words they are trying to say…break them up- try to form a sentence and derive some logical sense out of it.. Arrgh!! Nevermind..this is a very normal and healthy communication! Shoosh..

There’s no zing in the dip-dip tea anymore…that extra tea bag wont serve any better…

Yes I know it takes some time to get used to a new place, new schedule, new routine, new life..and if you ask me , its pretty easy…Infact what I have realized is that its easy in the beginning coz you are all set to explore new horizons, dive into new oceans of unpredictability, and the fact that moving into a new place keeps you so busy wd the first few days.. You end up having a feeling more of exertion and exhaustion …In the course of overcoming all the initial problems..You never realize how easily you blend with the new environment, routine, people …! But suddenly, at times, for no reason, you realize that you are amidst aliens...Or probably you yourself are an alien here...
But however hard you try, to try to adjust with new faces, you tend to miss those comfort giver faces…even more… with tons of sweet memories attached to every face...

I am unwillingly putting an end to this post before I take off yet another “free flight” to India …:p coz today I want to catch up with my long yearned sleep !!!!

9 comments:

Ashish said...

This is the exactly same how I used to feel when I was in Blore. But today I cherish those moments, u will also do the same.

Kisi ne kaha hai ki "think as if you r CEO of a company and organize your work" ;-) Only you yourself can allow other ppl, xternal influences to prevent you from enjoying every day. Enjoy what you are doing!!! I know it does not sound like me ;-)

Funda is Enjoy every moment !!!!

Ashish said...

haan one more thing,

aur bol mummy ko mujhe MS karna hai ;-)

Kavs said...

aww!! you will soon be home swthrt! :) You can meet your dear B,R,P,K,G and others then.

Unknown said...

u have mastered the art of writing so beautifully,keep it up.
with lots of luv
Aai

Anonymous said...

Oho nostalgia grips!!!
Remember, Fear of unknown is the only thing that holds us back from exploring & redefining newer horizons...and it is this fear and our longing to cling to the sweet ol' comfort-zone that keep us going even in the harsh weathers and unknown places.
And dear now this distance would make you realize who are the ones you really miss being with.This whole MS episode will help u connect with them more.Happy stay and stay happy:)

Unknown said...

It doesn't matter that we have 6.7 billion faces in the world, does it? There are always those select few we want to be surrounded by. Buy you know, it is not bad to have spells away from these faces, for that is when we tend to realize how much these faces matter to us. And our wish to see those faces then becomes the force that helps to get through those spells.
And as they say "you are where your heart is", what difference does it make who you are surrounded by!

Keya said...

Ashish:Thanks for your piece of advice. And will try to stick to your funda :)
Kavs: waiting to see u all :)the aww was so sweet!!
Aai: You make me proud. i am sure, you would start blogging soon.
Queenie: yes, fear of unknown ..i tdo remember it :)
Amit :Completely agree...
Thanks everybody for being so supportive !!!

Unknown said...

it seems like the story of every individual who r here, away frm there dear ones and sometimes gets exhausted....perfectly written...

Shreesha said...

"replaced by Li, Feng, Min Soo, Hiacheng, Yu-chi, Wei" lol on this...good one...