Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Well-no title!

Actually, I am in a s-oo-per time crunch these days, managing term-end submissions , job and studies..but just squeezed in some time to scribble down this one..coz it’s something that has made me mighty proud of myself :)
This weekend , we finally decided to clean our place..after many weeks..coz trust me it was getting unbearable to stay in a dusty, dirty carpeted room ..wherein I saw a teeny tiny bed – bug…excuse me for this one, but I do get monica-esque hyper when it comes to them …we have spent our entire summer literally living in trash bags-courtesy that painstakingly time plus patience testing (and even blood-tasting) bed-bug treatment!!

So this Saturday saw our “lets do cleaning” energies at a very high level… only to realize that our dear (read expensive and new) vacuum cleaner had stopped working- It was actually working , but the “dust-bag” wasn’t getting filled up….It took a lot of analysis, study , unscrewing, testing, cleaning, screwing it(not the other one though) up for more than 2 hrs to finally make it work… :)

I have assembled, 2 big closets, shoe racks, table , chair etc (wd the help of some frnds) in the past couple of months.. This is a phase of growing up – in every sense..living independently, handling almost all the issues- big and small, studies and jobs, paying off ur bills(on time) , and standing this cold here (sorry folks, now this cold is gonna be an inherent part of my posts for the rest of the winter I guess :) ) where one day we get up to see our washroom filled with water (yes, trust me , here too) , the other sees our kitchen full of flies..(we do keep it clean :)) , where one day the water tub is clogged, and the other our balcony door doesn’t close wen the temp outside gets damn chilly…and I cant skip mentioning about the damaged door-knob of the washroom which had to undergo a replacement coz 'A' was locked in there and we ended up calling the emergency !!!

Aren’t all these things very petty … but even these small issues , though very insignificant, do make you feel happy at times when resolved …small things also have that ability…I was surprised infact! Wonder how this “sense of accomplishment” can have such a big spectrum wherein in the lower limit can be so infinitesimally small but more importantly –easy yet satisfying...As they say; Happiness you see is just a state of mind.

5 comments:

Kavs said...

Hey K2! You have a supreb style of writing- completely natural and yet so profound. I just love it.
I join you in celebrating the "smaller" achievements in life!

ps: I didnt know so many of these horror stories! Need to get more regular and detail updates.

Kapil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kapil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kapil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

hey keya...
nice one...really laughed reading that phrae in brackets "wid the help of some frnds"!!:)