Thursday, November 22, 2012

A belated Diwali Post


Last week, we celebrated Diwali!! Yes , I know this post is coming little very late given that Diwali is more than over – in every time zone now J but hey , I was busy celebrating it last week .
This was my fifth Diwali in a row away from home i.e. India… and third with M.  For just three years, it actually feels wonderful that we have almost a set tradition of ours.  We try our best to emulate the Diwali feel from back home. This year we were even lucky to get a pre-ordered homemade faral just before Diwali which included Chakli and Shev.
The home was all decked up the weekend before Diwali. While M put up the lights , I made the puja arrangements. Wearing our best outfits , we offered our prayers to goddess laxmi and celebrated paadwa the next day.
I hope you all had a wonderful and safe Diwali J








And wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving ….  !!!