Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A small milestone

One year went by, just like that! Of innumerable days and uncountable memories. Some significant, others not so much. You make resolutions of which, again you meet some and wish had not made the others. Well, the point is, you do remember certain days and dates sometimes the significant ones and sometimes the not so significant ones too.  I completed one year of work after my Masters this 9th of August.
I remember this day last year so vividly. Saying bye to M was so tough that I cannot even start to explain. So during this entire year , I got a job , moved to San Diego , changed 3 apartments , made friends, worked on 3 projects , took almost 70 flights (I counted them yesterday) , went to India for K3’s wedding (nopes, this number is not included in that ‘70’), travelled back on OPT (the worst 26 hours of my life ever – well almost !) , M’s parents were here with us for few months so travelled around with them to different places (like Lake Tahoe , SFO , LA , San Diego , Orange County, Seattle , Half Moon Bay etc…. ) .Travelled to Boston and Newyork for K3’s Graduation ceremony. Took another job, moved to a new place. Stayed there for a couple of months, moved to another apartment in the same city. Got a car, learnt how to drive on my own (as in sitting all alone in the car).
All this happened in one year. No, it dint just fly by. It was way too hectic. This year, I actually plan to concentrate on my work. Sleep more, worry less, read and write more, travel less too – yes, I definitely need a break from that.
As a child, I always wanted to grow up to be independent enough to have the freedom of making my own decisions. Little did I know then that with it, comes the responsibility of owing it up. No matter what the outcome is. Yes, after growing up, I wish, I so much wish at times, that why can’t somebody really  decide things for us and own them too. When I took the decision of joining this job, I badly wanted a job. So any job, anywhere on the planet would have sufficed. Probably after that, I have asked this question to M every time before saying a bye, catching that darn flight, whether it was a right decision or not. He always smiles and owns up for it. 

5 comments:

Ashish said...

Every thing is written!!! (Sab kuch likha hua hai!! ), This was also written that you will write this blog ;) Don't worry!!

Take It Easy!!!!

Kavs said...

Congratulations on your milestone. :) will talk offline - but must give it to M, he smiles? aww! I love him even more! :)

Kavs said...

btw, hi Ashish! :)

Ashish said...

Hi Didi!!!

Keya said...

@Ashish -Kya tum zinda ho !!!! ?? :) @kavs - **blush blush **